Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Glad To Be Here
2,240 Posts
taco502 said:
if I have a later model frame and drivetrain under a 30's body how is the vehicle titled? I want to avoid emmissions standards.
This would depend on several factors.

The first would be what paperwork you have for the body and/or frame. If you have valid paperwork for the body, then title the vehicle as it.

If you have no paperwork, check with your state regulations. Several states now enable you to title a vehicle based on the year and model it looks like. This is without concern for the engine and drivetrain.

You will need (in most cases) a minimum of notorized bill of sales for the body, engine, frame and drivetrain if you do not have an existing registration or title. Serial numbers or VIN numbers will in some cases have to be verified by a LEO or Department Of Motor Vehicle. In some states the tag office will accept a "rubbing" of the serial / VIN numbers.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Check with the Oregon DMV . Based on what I read there I don't think you'll have much of a problem.

Centerline

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.