Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to the strip for the 2nd time and wondering if its worth doing a burnout before staging my 69 camaro. I'll be going to infineon raceway in Napa Ca. with BFG street tires. My first time a week ago I ran it as it was( just like I drive it every day) 44 psi in the front and rear. I had pretty bad wheel spin at the line and it only has one leg no posi. I know I should drop the air pressure in the rear. Any suggestions on how low. BFG's 255/60/15

·
Registered
160 Posts
Im not to sure if you should burn out or not, but if you do burn out stay out of the water. keep the tires dry. If you roll through water it will get wet in the grooves which may cause you to lose traction.

I know how you feel, I have the same problem with my one legger. I think its time for both of us to get a posi unit.

·
"Don't need no V/8"-grandpaw
260 Posts
no pozi

first ,I ran street tires,try 15-20psi.If you have traction bars you can set up snubners to help.Adjust r. side snug against spring and try 1/4-1/2 in gap on L. side.Then test for launch.You can get better traction by trying this a few times. :welcome:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.