Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car is a 36 Buick 2dr coupe. Originally I was going to have chrome bumpers, grill, wheel rims, and rims around the head and tail lights. Just priced chroming the grill and bumpers and it would be over 3 grand. The light rims are new or like new chrome and I have new wheel rims. Am wondering about painting the grill and bumpers and leaving the rims (light & wheel) chrome. Would that look odd?? :confused: Would it look better if I scuffed up the light rims and painted them as well?? Witch way to go? Thanks for your comment or suggestion.

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
If it is a concours restoration then everything that was chrome needs to be chrome..but then we are building rods here so just a touch of chrome here and there is just fine..JMHO..

Sam

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
I would try to find another complete set, suitable for chroming and put it away until the time I could afford it or a less expensive chromer came along.

some of the guys in our car club get a bunch of chrome together and send it to Mexico, the labor is cheaper, the EPA isn't costing them a fortune, and some of the places do a superb job. there's also some guys considering sending some parts to China to see how well they do.

That's a beautiful car, the chrome really makes the car look classy. Good luck with what ever you do, it will be a ncie car.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys :welcome: I took msggator's advice and priced out more chrome shops. Found another place that will do it for $1700 so think I will go there. I know thats probably still expensive by US standards, But that seems to be the price here in Canada. One of the platers that I talked to said the narrow spaces between the grill rungs made it hard to polish. This isn't a concours car onemoretime, I'm hot rodding it. Sorry I didn't make that clear. I keeep my eye open for parts for this car Dinger but there rare and expensive. Thanks guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.