Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we all sick of the damn gun posts:p As some of you know im going to start a paint job on my Bronco soon, Im doing some spot repairs in the rockers and want respray the jambs first before the body. I dont mind spending some $$ on good quality tools, im looking at the Startingline detail gun with a 1.0 tip for 60.00 shipped. Is it worth it VS using a standard gun? I shoot now with a finishline 3 and have had great results with it doing primer, base and clear with the different included tips (1.3-1.5-1.8). This 1.0 tip is what im concerned about, since ill just be doing the jambs with the detail gun will the 1.0 tip work well enough with all three coatings??

I could just use my FL3, but feel the detail gun will save on overspray and materials...

Just thought of this, will my fluid tips from the FL3 work on the detail gun??

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another thing I was thinking about is it might be easier for me to pull the doors. Then I can mask the interior off, spray the jambs at the same time I do the body because its a two tone paint scheme. Tan/mocha bottom with black above. Ill spray the doors at the same time just not on the vehicle..

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Another thing I was thinking about is it might be easier for me to pull the doors. Then I can mask the interior off, spray the jambs at the same time I do the body because its a two tone paint scheme. Tan/mocha bottom with black above. Ill spray the doors at the same time just not on the vehicle..
I'd go with this idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.