Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1967 Firebird has an aluminum Champion radiator with a Flexalite Black Magic puller fan. This fan setup has a shroud with the fan and attaches to the back of the radiator nicely.
I am not running the stock belt driven 4 blade fan or the stock shroud.
I am not having any overheating issues but I wonder what the consensus would be on installing the steel 4 blade fan to the water pump without the stock aluminum fan spacer (for clearance reasons) just for additional cooling along with the Flexalite setup.

·
Race it, Don't rice it!
8,814 Posts
First of all the fan is likely to hit the power steering pump or something else nearby and then there's the consideration of the electric fan being a restriction to the point where it's totally pointless except for lopping off fingers and making noise.
I am not a fan of the fan idea.
lastly, why are you trying to improve a set up that is currently working flawlessly. Are you trying to break it?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Good friend (old time hot rodder) always worried that his car was "over heating" if it went over 160 ( we are in AL). He would spend hours messing with every one of them he owned to keep the temperature that low!

Burney, if it ain't loosing water it ain't overheating! Finally got him to think a little loser about that when I put a temp reader on his Town Car and showed him the top of the radiator was 225* and no water was coming out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.