Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Goin way fast since 1977
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question regarding weather to trade Nova’s with my buddy. You can see from my profile that my ride is defiantly a work in progress. Now all I can think about is the quarter mile and that has been the main focus of my cars transformation…a street legal, drive it to the track, kick your trailer queen *** and drive home car. The existent of the work began with a very good condition 53k original mile 78 Nova custom, with a 305. I have gone as far as I will go on the 305 and have been looking for a dirt cheep but high quality long block 350, 355, 383 with some radical high compression heads (well 10.5-12 to 1 comp.) something I can (within reason) still drive on the street without going to jet fuel. $$$$ So even if I came across my dream engine for free at this point my car is not ready for that power nor the tranny or the rear end! So my buddy has a 75 Nova that has been stripped down bare bones with roll cage, custom dash with kill switches in the rear. A trunk mounted racing fuel cell, rear mounted twin batteries, and new paint. Micky Thompson 10.5 slicks in back and skinny’s up front. It’s sittin on lift bars (that through experience are the best cheep way to get that body style to hook up.) and has a Eaton locker at the end feeding power sent through a race shop built TH350. I’m not sure what he will want to keep off his car but he has had a 455 in this Chevy runnin 11 sec. quarter mile times till he blew it up for the win! So even if it’s no motor and no tranny for my fully functional street ready 78? Is this a good swap or what? (Check my pic's for a shot of Tim's 75.) :confused:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Is that 78 Nova your sole transportation? Remember this, that racecar is a racecar...it is not built to drive anywhere but in a 1/4 mile straight line turn around and come back. Racecars are racecars, street cars are street cars, most street cars can race(they may not win but they CAN race) but hardly any racecars (especially 1/4 mile drag cars) can street.

·
Goin way fast since 1977
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No my 78 is not my soul transportation it is just sitting at the moment because I need a safety inspection sticker and the laws are changing making it harder to get my engine mod's passed an inspector here in Dallas. I need to take it to a rule town and get it a new sticker then I can roll on the weekend's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.