Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to put together a 1952 chevy sedan delivery. The original six went south and I have two options of using either a 64-64 six with a powerglide or a small block. Has anyone out there gone through this exercise ? I would like to keep it initially as simple as possible so that it has somewhat of a stock look. Thanks for any suggestions :)

·
Lost in the 60's
15,259 Posts
Welcome aboard......You should ask in the engine forum...but I would think the easiest swap would be the 6 with the powerglide.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Welcome to the site toms1952. :welcome: I agree with Henry that the six/slush box will be the easiest; but you probably won't be happy with the power. Do the six/powerglide now to get the experience but be prepared to change it to a V8 in the future or you could add performance parts to the six and make a lot more power. A stock 350 would give you more power for you money than modifying the six but then you wouldn't have the WOW factor.

To get the most out of the site check out the Knowledge Base and use the search function for quick answers to your questions. As well check out the Project Journals for info and inspiration. Glad to have you here and enjoy the site.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts