Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 383 stroker with a Holley 750 cfm 0-3310-11 4160 Carb and have a slight "flat spot" right off idle (when nail throttle). The car is a 4spd and if you first take it up to ~+500 RPM off idle (1200 RPM) before you nail the gas it is smooth. Tried different squirter sizes (up and down) with no changes. Going to look into swapping out the accelerator pump cam and maybe a bit more timing. I was told that a Holley 670 Street Avenger would be ideal for my setup, but since my carb is basically new I would like to make what I have work. Any comments or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lg1969 said:
This is common problem. Replace accel cam with the a blue cam and set it at #2 on the lever arm. Try #31 squirter. Make sure there is very little play on the lever. Hope this will help you.
Thanks everyone for the tips !!

Timing seemed good, any higher and I get run on...ending up with the "pink" cam in position 2 (longer duration) I believe with the #31 squirter (original); the original cam was two sizes smaller, "orange". Seemed to get rid of the bog.

·
bentwings
2,608 Posts
I've got a 3310-3 'blue' cam on 1 or 2 doesn't seem to make much difference and a 40 squirter. 36 deg at 2400 plus 10 deg vac advance. MSD Performer RPM. Runs great. Just have to get the motor up to 180+ deg before playing.

This is on a 355.

We'll know tommorrow if this is too big or not. I'm taking it to the dyno shop in the morning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.