Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
lol, I can just hear the conversation now:

"nice bog man, why you stoppin?"

"oh I'm too lazy to put antifreeze in my motor to the proper level, so I just drive it like this. I keep an eye on the gauge, let it get to just before redline then I shut it down and listen to the raido for 20 minutes with the hood open. Works like a charm and I don't have to waste my time and money putting coolant in the thing!"

"wow dude, you've got this figured out!"

"yeah my trans has a leak too. I just run it until it smells like a kuwaiti Oil fire and slips so bad that I can't go forward anymore, then I take some of the coolant out of the motor and put that in there"

"neat dude! How do you deal with the fact that heating the motor up past op temp then cooling it several times speeds up wear, weakens head gaskets and influences out of round in bores? And since motors heat UP as much as 20 degrees when you shut them down, aren't you heating the motor even more than you thought, even pushing it into the redline and swelling the pistons?"

"huh?"

K:rolleyes: :p :smash:

·
Heart Breaker and Life Taker
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol killer,he did that,not me,i checked all my fluids before i went out there,and my tire pressure,things like that. I took the pics down because we were on county property and I dont want someone from around here seeing them,reconizing the place,and getting us for tresspassing. The place was already tore up before we got there. There are several more factors to it,but yeah. Call it young and dumb,call it whatever you want,its was incredibly fun,and we knew when to get the hell outta there.

·
Heart Breaker and Life Taker
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea,hes selling it,and hes really hard on it now,hits the brakes,the antifreeze issue,i dont know. i let him borrow my truck while his cooled,he came back,slammed on MY brakes,and I said,get out. he aint driving it again. Its a nice bronco too. Oh well,when he finnaly tears it up and stuck with nothing,im gonna laugh.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.