Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Some Punk Kid
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What torque converter brands are you guys running or have run? Happy or un-happy with results? Im in the market for a 2500 stall torque converter for my TH350 NLU and want to know what all you guys have been running. Thanks for replying, reading, and thinking about it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
torque converter brand

i used a B&M in my turbo 350 with shift kit rebuilt. i have a 406 SBC with about 450 HP and 460 ft. pounds of torque. it is a 2400 stall am very happy with it!!!

Doug 66 Chevelle

·
Some Punk Kid
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
elvis 66 chevelle said:
i used a B&M in my turbo 350 with shift kit rebuilt. i have a 406 SBC with about 450 HP and 460 ft. pounds of torque. it is a 2400 stall am very happy with it!!!

Doug 66 Chevelle
Thanks for the reply. Do you remember if it was the holeshot or the torkmaster?

·
Hates: Liver. Loves: Diesel
5,659 Posts
I have one custom TC built for a very low stall (about 1300) for a Caddy 500 that peaks torque at about 1700 and I'm VERY happy with it. I got it from Continental TC here in CA. I have one other B&M that was a stock replacement, so aside from the fact that it has 56,000 happy miles on it, its pretty boring. I have one other that has TCI in the stamping, but I know its last rebuild wasn't by TCI. It had been redone by a local shop, and aside from stalling a tiny bit higher than we expected its also great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts