Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
36 Dream
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who can advise of a resource for torque specs. I'm building a 36 Ford Coupe and currently putting together the TCI frame, IFS Mustang and parrell leaf rear.

This is my first build and I'm wondering where I can get info on the appropriate torque specs to use on frame and suspension. Also, what bolts should get anti-seize versus lock tite. HELP PLEASE....

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
torque specs

This is sad......but as a 2 time owner of a TCI chassis ('32) the first place you DONT want to call is TCI. The guys in the back build a nice chassis but the guys up front act like they could care less. Their customer service (??) stinks, they send you the wrong parts and expect you to pay shipping for the correct pieces. Anyway a friend of mine is a TCI dealer, among many other outfits and has built many hot rods using TCI chassis. Give Greg Bowden a call @ 1 (928) 855-7005, I,m sure he can help you out....and most of the nuts are nylocs which dont take thread locker........good luck, Dave

·
36 Dream
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TCI Customer Service

You know I have heard that before on their service...So far I haven't had to ask, except for an assembly manual they said they were putting together a year ago and todate I haven't received......

Hopefully, I won't have to ask for service.....Thanks for the info, I'm going to call Greg tomorrow....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts