Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Toyota that starts up well you can drive it, get to where you are going turn it off but then it wont start for a long time... any suggestions as to what it may be? we have replaced just about every sensor there is on that thing...
:confused: could it be a tranny problem?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Dammit jim Im a multiple felon not a mind reader.

Every sensor that is expensive.

What year, car, blah de da? I have no diagnosis results to go on, so I will guess.

How about corrosion in the engine harness? How bout fuel pump going, EGR valve in exh manifold corroded/carboned shut ( a stretch) ? Fast idle valve going? Plugged cat? failing compression as engine tolerane increase with temp. Starter fault? Posessed by satan himself? You let my longtime ladyfriend drive it , she ruins everything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!:) i have thought about the fuel pump lol it is a car my brother was going to buy cheap but it is not turning out that way. I have not driven it yet, just going on what he has told me,and yes it was expensive,, so he doesn't want to mess with it but it is a cute little 4 door car with good gas mileage if i can get it to run right. your funny BTW thanks for the giggles...Jules:D

·
Banned
9,993 Posts
Or... starter is going out. A VERY common problem with some cars that don't have adequate airflow in the engine bay.

If it won't crank after it heats up, likely its a starter issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts