Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a TPI 305, but I just got a 350 (Recently rebuilt)to replace it. I was going to remove the old intake and put the TPI stuff on the 350. I was told the 350 was a mild build over stock.

I had a custom prom made (From Jims Performance) for the 305 for bored .030 over, Flat top pistons, edelbrock performer cam, and early fan on.

What else do I need to change? Should the prom be good?

Do I need bigger injectors? Will bigger injectors mess with the prom settings requiring a new one anyways?

I have a manual tranny with the speed sensor, and a Density type setup.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
TJ

·
Footbraker
693 Posts
I did this before (crate 350 for an 87 pickup) with a mass air tpi ('87 camaro) and the only change I made was to set the fuel pressure to 50psi. I later added headers and swapped cams and that caused the idle to fluctuate so I had a chip burned (AS+M) and that fixed it. I'm not sure if the speed density system would like it or not - at the worst you'll need another prom, I believe the 305 injectors at 50 psi will support 350+ hp but the people at www.tpis.com should have a definite answer for that.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
If you change the injectors the prom will not work. Injector size is crucial for prom programming. You should be fine with the stock ones.

Chris

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
GM cnanged the injectors and knock sensor for 350's.

Without knowing what cam is in the 350 you will have no idea if it will work or not till you try it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts