Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently bought a TPI from an 85-87 camaro (9 injector) which i plan to use the newer speed density pcu and bypass the #9. i was told it came off a 350 but it was on a 350 truck for a while and dont know what it originally came from 305 or 350. i dissasembled it completely but i dont know how to tell if the injectors are from the 305 or 350. there are numbers on the injectors but nothing about lbs/hr does any one know how to tell the difference??

·
Time is short, are you ready?
655 Posts
oklowride said:
... how to tell if the injectors are from the 305 or 350. there are numbers on the injectors but nothing about lbs/hr does any one know how to tell the difference??
Yes, Street & Performance can tell what injectors you have from the numbers.
Page 46, second box up from the bottom, on the right hand side of the page.

If you don't see your injectors, give them a call.

Let me add, if you are new to the TPI system, get S&P's two part video set. It is a good investment.

Ed www.edgesz28.com

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. ive checked out their(S&P) website and some articles in classic trucks before but couldnt find it. i never looked in their catalog though.
unfortunately they are 305 injectors :<(

·
Time is short, are you ready?
655 Posts
oklowride said:
... unfortunately they are 305 injectors :<(
What are you planning to use this system for? If 350 HP or less, according to both S&P and TPIS, 305 injectors are fine with increased fuel pressure.

Send them to S&P for a good cleaning and balance job for $120 and they will be good as new. The fee also includes new filter screens and O-rings.

Ed www.edgesz28.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
arent the injectors the same size between the 305 and 350? i thought that they were and the computer adjusted the pulse width between the 2 differently

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
Pulse width does change however injectors still have lb. rating.

305's came with 19lb injectors and 350's with 22lb.

305 injectors will handle most mild setups. Lets put it this way . . . if you are using stock manifold and runners, the 305 injectors will be okay. You wont make enough power with those components to warrant new injectors.

Thats my opinion anyways :).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts