Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a vintage motor home with an Olds 455 in it. For many reasons, I want to dump the Qjet and inject it. The throttle body kits look like a cinch but I'd kind of like to go with a port system. About the only thing I've found that might work is the Holley Performer 950 universal kit. I'm a little nervous because I can't seem to find much information on actually installing such a system. Anybody out there ever worked with installing your own injector bungs on an existing manifold? Any other ideas for this application? :(
The Search function doesn't seem to be working for me tonight so I can't tell if there is anything in old posts on this.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Search the knowledge base and read about all the problems and abandoment of the Holly systems. You may have difficulties of finding any thing that will fit your 455 without going "custom". By this, I mean you may have to have your manifold machined for the injectors and a fuel rail made up and then you would adapt a BIG air valve where the carb now sits. I'm sure the 1000CFM Webber air valve that Edelbrock uses on their big block chevy EFI would work fine. You could also use their computer and wiring harness if they sell them seperately. Turbo S 10 has some good info on another control system so look at some of his posts and replies through out the engine section.

Trees

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
If you end up going with a custom setup, you will need a custom or programmable ECU. While some oem application might could be adapted and a custom chip burned or tuned, I would go with a fully programmable ECU so you can get things right. When you get to that point, I can point you go a good, affordable open source DIY system that I am using.

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts