Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My previous post was about switching my 85 iroc to carb. But as i understand it, It would run faster with the TPI, It needs to be chipped or tuned and d bigger injectors. But since im a 17 year old kid tryin to pull htis off on a part time budget i was wondering if anyone knew weather it would be more expensive to keep the tpi and get it tuned.

·
Not Considered a Senior Member
10,722 Posts
Injection will always cost more than a carb, and you`d make more power overall with a carb on the higher end of the scale, on the low end you can`t beat the TPI. On the street, you need low end torque, how often will you drive over 5000 RPM on the street? not very often. You spend most of your time in the low rpm ranges and this is what TPI excells at. If you plan to add a big cam and more cubic inches and etc, then you`ll run into tuning issues that would make a carb more simple. But if it were I, I would just get a cam compatible with the TPI, and do simple mods from there and have a good mileage, good power daily driver that I didn`t have to lay a wrench on. If you go carb, you`ll find you`ll be laying wrenches on it often.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.