Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chevy 350 with a 350 tranny. I have a tranny cooler that sits in front of the radiator. In hot weather when I sit at a stop light or in stopped traffic my temperature goes up very close to 212 degrees. I just put a four core heavy duty radiator in. If I got a frame type tranny cooler and removed the one thats sits in front of my radiator, would my engine run cooler? And would it cool my tranny enough? I have a 2400 stall converter. Thanks

·
Cox Custom Cars
498 Posts
I would say you need a fan that moves more air. Your CFM may be too small. Do you have two fans? If you are running air conditioning, you may want to have one fan running constantly while the a/c is on.

I really doubt that the transmission cooler is causing the engine to run hot at idle.

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
Ditto to everything they said ^^^^^.

You have an airflow problem

and/or you might be sucking hot air back into the front side of the radiator when stopped.

You need to seal the core support to the bumper, to the hood, and all around the radiator, seal your shroud to the radiator too. BIG fan with thermostatic fan clutch is best.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.