Hot Rod Forum banner

Trans Am year cloning

724 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  mk8-78tabubba 
#1 ·
Anyone who knows about The second gen trans ams, please help me. Is it possible to take the 74 75 or 76 trans ams, and change out the front end (easily) and other destingushing features to other years, such as 70-73/77/78? Please someone help with this quick. currently looking at a 76ta that i can get for $1300, it runs real nicely, but i hate how the 76 looks. help me quick before it is gone!

thanks

#3 ·
i will take that as gospel, because all i needed was one person to tell me that they also thought so. thanks. the complete cloning is another story, as i have recently found out. id have to replace the rear window (cut more off the qtr. pannels) if i wanted to clone a 75&^, and need to replace both qtr pannels for the 70-74 cars' rear windows. also i have found out that the rear end is interchangable. So, this is i guess pritty much closed, but if anyone would be looking for this information here it is. I am now quite certian that it is a very easily clonable car, but i will post the results when i actually do it. that is to say that the thread doesnt get dumped, which it more than likely will.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.