Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi there,

I have a NOS Trans-Dapt HC24 tranny adapter for a 322 Nailhead. But I havent a clue what tranny it fits.
I have checked both Ford Toploaders and Chev manual boxes and its neither of these.

Tried contacting Trans-Dapt but they sold all their old adapters many years ago and couldnt help.

So before I go completely mad please help :sweat:
I have attached a pic with the bolt hole details to help.

Someone out there must know waht a HC24 fits??

Thanks for your help.
Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Trans Dapt

What year Fords did you try? Prior to 63, there were some different 4 bolt flange transmissions made by Ford. Have you tried Chrysler?

IF all else fails, you can do it like us poor white trash. Measure the distance from the flange face where the transmission bolts to the bell housing, to the pilot bearing. Then find a transmission that has that length for the input shaft. If the collar around the front of the input shaft fits inside the hole in your bellhousing properly, then just drill and tap your own mounting holes, to bolt on the transmission. If the hole is too small, you can have it machined out to fit your input shaft collar. You may have to play some with pilot bearings on this, as well, but I think you get the picture. This leaves you wide open for a great selection of transmissions.

On the Ford transmission thing, take a look at some of the older side loaders. unfortunately, they dont have a syncronized low gear.
Curious to what this is going in?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Max,

Its a 322 Nailhead that will run a 6-71 with 6 carbs in a steel 32 Ford pick-up that I am building that will be stock height but channeled, fenderless with chrome reverse rims and wide white crossplies.

Im aiming to start building the project in January 05 with a view to completion in April 06, Ive been collecting parts for about a year now.

But here in the UK our garages are very small:(
, mines a single thats about 9feet wide by 18 long so its as much as managing space as anything else! LOL.

Here is a pic of the project and my garage.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts