Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 94 thunderbird supercoupe that i jerked the 3.8 supercharged engine out of and put in a 302 i built for my mustang i had to sell a while back. everything fit awesome after buying mount and oil pan off of a 93 5 liter thunderbird. anyway the trans was a AODE and it sucked!! it lasted like 10 minutes maybe it started . . . well it really didnt work good at all. so i have a trans out of a 84 ltd i got it off of my friend. he said it was a 4 speed non electric. so would it be better to use?? it seems that theye offer more for aod than an e. but would the crossmember be the same and tailshaft??

·
Administrator
9,766 Posts
matts94sc said:
i have a 94 thunderbird supercoupe that i jerked the 3.8 supercharged engine out of and put in a 302 i built for my mustang i had to sell a while back. everything fit awesome after buying mount and oil pan off of a 93 5 liter thunderbird. anyway the trans was a AODE and it sucked!! it lasted like 10 minutes maybe it started . . . well it really didnt work good at all. so i have a trans out of a 84 ltd i got it off of my friend. he said it was a 4 speed non electric. so would it be better to use?? it seems that theye offer more for aod than an e. but would the crossmember be the same and tailshaft??
IF you decide to use the non electronic tranny in your car...

make sure you install and properly adjust the linkage for the TV on the AOD tranny. Very important!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts