Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where GM reads the trans temp on the 2500HD that has the gauge on the instrument cluster?

Just wondering if it is pan or in the output line reading converter temp.

·
You got a leaky spark tube...
2,854 Posts
Which transmission is it? The 6.0 uses the 4L80E and the 8.1 and Duramax use the Allison. I have a factory service manual for 2000 model Silverados and the temp sensor for the 4L80E is shown as being located inside the pan. Or as the book says, "Inside the automatic transmission assembly". The diagram makes it appear as if the sensor is strapped to another wire or cable and suspended in pan.

I know the HDs didn't come out until 2001 but I can't imagine the transmission being significantly different from 2000 to 2001...

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blazin72 said:
Which transmission is it? The 6.0 uses the 4L80E and the 8.1 and Duramax use the Allison. I have a factory service manual for 2000 model Silverados and the temp sensor for the 4L80E is shown as being located inside the pan. Or as the book says, "Inside the automatic transmission assembly". The diagram makes it appear as if the sensor is strapped to another wire or cable and suspended in pan.

I know the HDs didn't come out until 2001 but I can't imagine the transmission being significantly different from 2000 to 2001...
2006 6.0, in the pan?

Is the consensus to use pan temp?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts