Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a B&M 70255 trans cooler for my powerglide trans and installed a new rad minus trans cooler. The B&M says it works best in series with OEM rad cooler. Am I at risk for not using the rad cooler as this thing seems pretty small. Anyone got any experience with this? Btw if I am only using the trans cooler do I care which line goes to what? It's just a loop circuit anyway.

·
Registered
508 Posts
ive by passed the rad many times and just used a external cooler bigger the better and it doest really matter wich ine is in and out i install external coolers on most vehicles i rebuild the transmissions on the engine runs cooler also

·
Registered
264 Posts
The problem is gm has the quick connect lines. I do have about 4 Iniches of each line. However. I figured with no barb the rubber hose may slip off, and the Alison collet lines r like 3/4 and the half ton lines r like 3\8s . Trying rubber with that size difference, seems to be a mess in the making

·
Administrator
9,986 Posts
the plate design cooler is very efficient.

what is the use of this powerglide? Simple daily driver, this cooler should be fine.

If high performance use, stall speed converter? Heavy vehicle? May need a larger cooler if you live in a hotter climate area

·
Registered
671 Posts
Just go done doing on my toy. Had to redo it when I realized that the exhaust was to close to the hoses. Had an extra set of metal tubes from a different project and cut them and bent them to clear the exhaust and then added the high temp-pressure hose. Had a machine shop then flare the ends so I could slide the hoses over it and then clamp them so they don't slide off. There is got to be a lot of shops that can do it. It only took five minutes Machine shops, body shops, parts stores have those tools.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.