Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
CLICK ON MY AVATAR
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I/we installed my new 200-4r overdrive transmission and I have a nasty leak?Its where the driveshaft yoke goes into the tranny thru the rear seal?It almost looks like my yoke is to small for the seal.Keep in mind my car is on ramps and this may have something to do with it.Its not a small leak...in the past 3 days its leaked almost a quart?What could be leaking there?could my yoke be to small or is there another seal in there??Any advice is appreciated...thanks bm
ps...67 nova 355sbc

·
Registered
181 Posts
The GM engineers felt it was necessary to have a vent hole in the yoke which I have never understood why. If the transmission is tilted down on the rear like parking on an incline, or your torque converter leaks down, fluid will leak out this hole. The hole will be in the center of the yoke and behind the cross. The best fix would be to remove the driveshaft, clean the oil from the yoke and apply some silicone in the hole. Another fix is drill and tap the hole and install a setscrew with locktite. This would require disassembly of the U joint.

Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.