Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tranny wont shift back down into first under wide open throttle. Its not the tv cable.... any ideas? new tv cable new tv cable bracket all set up properly wih the carb adjuster plate for the 700r4. set it up so cable would self adjust to proper settings which is all out at WOT and about an 1/8 inch out at idle. throttle cable is set up properly as well. tranny fluid has 5k miles on it and is at the correct level. i knew trans ams were cursed but damn. tranny governor is set up to shift at 5k and under light throttle shifts at the correct points. are 700r4s known for this problem? only other variable i can think of is the shift cable, but i get all four gears in drive. why wont my tranny shift back down to first at 15mph under WOT!????????????? :smash: :smash: :smash:

·
Registered
18 Posts
transmission problem

I too have the same problem with my 700 r4. After it shifts out of 1st or 2nd it will not shift back. I bought the transmission from a company on the internet. I figure they set up the valve body that way. Now I do not know how to change it back. I have called them but they are less than helpful with information. I am interested any anything you learn.

Don

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.