Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I own a 65 Buick Skylark Convertible with the 300 cui engine.wich is totaly restored(not the engine but the rest)Now i bought a buick electra build ´62 (wich is in very bad contition)with the 445 wildcat inside means 401 cui engine.What i want to do is to take the wildcat inside the skylark convertible!!!!Problem:how to connect the 4 gear-box from the skylark to the 401 engine from the electra,cause i love v8 with shifttransmission..the electra uses the 300 superturbinetransmission(i don´t like it, it needs to much enginepower,i heard) my question ; where to get the part,and is it right that buick uses t10 borg warner in this time or the t10 muncie
P.S.; i am from Germany,black forest - help please and thanks for any information!
Buick-Mike
....hope followed your rules right way,if i made a mistake please explain me..........

·
Administrator
18,432 Posts
I had a 65 hardtop with the 300/4sp. It was a T-10..............What you need is a bellhousing for the 401, I don't think that the 300 is the same pattern, but I could be wrong. You will also need different motor mounts,

Your best bet is to take the engines out of both cars and compare what you have, you never know, everything may just bolt in.....but, I doubt it.

The easiest thing would be to put the 401 with the automatic in, even if it is just until you hunt down the right parts.

BTW, moving this to engine forum.............

1 - 2 of 2 Posts