Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Tremic T-5 in my Ford Model-A hot rod. It came from a 1995 Mustang GT with a 302 V-8. I had it rebuilt by a racing transmission shop. They advised me to use ATF. Someone please tell me how to fill the trans and how do I tell when it is filled (but not overfilled).
Thanks in advance.
Buzz (MoonBat)

·
High Performance Rear Ends
3,782 Posts
There is a fill plug on the right side of the transmission. Fill it until the fluid is at the bottom of the hole. There is a stud on the left side of the transmission that people often mistake for the fill plug. It's actually the pivot for the 5th gear shift linkage. If you remove it you will have to disassemble the transmission to get it back in.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a fill plug on the right side of the transmission. Fill it until the fluid is at the bottom of the hole. There is a stud on the left side of the transmission that people often mistake for the fill plug. It's actually the pivot for the 5th gear shift linkage. If you remove it you will have to disassemble the transmission to get it back in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.