Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 16786 Posts

·
Hates: Liver. Loves: Diesel
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We started a trivia thread over at another forum and it has been a lot of fun.

Here are the ground rules. It starts with one question. The first reply with the right answer gets the floor for a new question. It continues like that unless, A) the person who has the floor doesn't ask a new question, or B) no one gets the correct answer. In that case, the person with the floor asks a new question. No more than one question on the floor at a time, and discussion/clarification is welcome until the floor is taken over by a new question.

See this thread for an example of how it goes: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/trivia/1454/page1/

First question: In the 1952 Indy 500, what type of fuel was burned in the record-setting pole-position #28 car? Hint: it won pole position by a full 4 mph over the second-place Ferrari

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
The Studabaker Company started in 1852 as a blacksmith shop in South Bend, Indiana.

·
"Love what you do for a living
232 Posts
old fords said:
what type of intake was on Milners coupe?
Man-A-Fre intake manifold with four Rochester 2-G two-barrel carbs. We are talking about the car from grafitti right?

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,324 Posts
Let's make it that searching out the answer on the net is agaisnt the rules. Honor system?

Brian

·
You got a leaky spark tube...
2,854 Posts
In order to keep this thread going is there a time limit on how long the last winner has before he forfeits his turn? Maybe after X number of hours the previous winner gets another turn?

·
Registered
740 Posts
MARTINSR said:
Let's make it that searching out the answer on the net is against the rules. Honor system?

Brian
Let's say too, that it's against the rules to use books or magazines.

Of course I'm being sarcastic.

I think we should be allowed to use any means at our disposal to find the answers. To me, part of the fun is what you learn while you're searching for the answer.

Just my 2 cents.

·
16,324 Posts
The questions are going to have to be a lot harder!

Brian

·
16,324 Posts
chlsnk said:
How do you tell the difference between a BBC 409 and 348?
First off, it isn't a "BBC" it's a "W" motor and the dip stick is on the left side on the 348 and the right on a 409.

And that is with no googling!

Brian

Reactions: KJW468

·
16,324 Posts
What was the Buick racing division in the fifties called?

Brian

·
Registered
761 Posts
no fair, i can't play until i answer a question??? what's up with that... :D . i have several good trivia questions that i'm sure a few could answer but most can't. OH WELL, if i answer a question i will have several good ones to ask, if i don't answer a question, you guys loose because i can't play... :D

now i missed my chance due to posting. i had both a 348" and 409" car in my teens. then the mystery motor was introduced in 64 for NASCAR racing. it is the big block we all know today. by 1966 that mystery motor was killing everything on the street (i know, i never got beat in my 66 SS 396 4 speed 4.11 12 bolt posi car.

anybody know when chevrolet produced the first V8 OHV engine (watch out-trick question)... :D

1 - 20 of 16786 Posts