Hot Rod Forum banner

10001 - 10020 of 16797 Posts

·
More bucks, go faster!
1,074 Posts
Well I would think that the use of permanent magnets in the automobiles would be very limited. Speakers have them and possibly a motion sensor and the bottom of a transmission pan are the only applications I can think of.

BB :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,411 Posts
Forget about the magnet, the ones you have worked with didn't use one.:sweat:

Brian

·
16,411 Posts
Nope

Brian

·
16,411 Posts
Come on guys, listen, MANY cars over the years from the fifties up have the device this was used in. Though they didn't have the exact component in that device. Now, being the drivers of todays cars have to be told when the tires are low on air they need stuff like this to update them on those fifties devices that we lived with just fine without crap like what this part goes to.

AND, another form on this component is in EVERY car back into the twenties or thirties.

That probably confused you more than if I said nothing but there you go. :D

Brian

·
16,411 Posts
Nope, damn I will give you guys the final hint that you better get later today.

Brian

·
16,411 Posts
Think about this, this component is in EVERY car since the twenties (there is a trivia question in it's self, when was it first used?) but it was used in EVERY car in another form back in the very first cars in the 1800's! But then commonly used in TWO different forms in most every car from the twenties up until the 80's, then only ONE Of the forms up until now. Ok, a form of this exact component is what I am talking about.

Put that aside, forget what I just said about a form of this exact component being used.

Now, the USE of this exact component on the car if fell from in the parking lot at work, it hasn't been used commonly for this exact use until twenty years ago at best COMMONLY now. There may have been cars that used this thing back in the sixties or seventies but I don't remember them and if they did it sure wasn't common. Now, it's VERY common. Now mind you, it does the same thing, but used in a completely different device on the car than back in the twenties and thirties. But one is STILL used in the same way else where on the 2012 what ever car it fell out of, as the cars back in the twenties and thirties!

Whew, this is wearing me out. :D

Brian

·
16,411 Posts
Yep

Brian

·
16,411 Posts
Yep

Brian

·
16,411 Posts
But they have been used non electrical too. In the older cars, many VERSIONS of them had nothing to do with electrical.

Brian

·
Registered
207 Posts
Now, the USE of this exact component on the car if fell from in the parking lot at work, it hasn't been used commonly for this exact use until twenty years ago at best COMMONLY now. There may have been cars that used this thing back in the sixties or seventies but I don't remember them and if they did it sure wasn't common. Now, it's VERY common.
Does it have to do with disc brakes?

·
16,411 Posts
Nope, nothing to do with brakes. But some late model cars have a version of this in the brake system. Oh dear God, here I go again, yep, I hadn't thought about it. People have to be told everything now a days, yep, there is a version of this part in some brake systems.

Brian, man are you guys going to hate me.

10001 - 10020 of 16797 Posts