Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys I plan to do some body work on my 96 s10 next year but my bed is in pretty bad shape and I was wondering instead of so much patching and welding are there companies that make total replacement beds by chance? My sides are in pretty good shap but the floor is horrible and rotted out and the bolts barely hold it on my frame. The floor is completely rotted towards the back and I would have to do too much to patch it up etc. Not wanting fiberglass but just steel replacement. Hope someone can point me in the right direction.
Eric

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
LMC will have the most for it.. but not full beds.. you would need to get that from the dealership, and pony up more than a grand... What I would do is cut the bed floor out of a junker and weld it in your truck

·
"Love what you do for a living
232 Posts
Why not get your self a bed from a pick and pull place you can still find S-10s and you aren't going to spend an arm and a leg at a salvage yard like you would aftermarket. jus my .02

·
More for Less Racer
20,931 Posts
Check your local Auto Trader/Auto Swapper type publications. There are several people in most of the rust belt states(Mi-In-Oh-Wi-Il) that specialize in supplying southern and southwestern truck sheetmetal for the people that need it for their projects in these car cancer states. We built a '86 Chevy truck using southern sheetmetal on a '79 frame, - Cab, Front Clip, and Box came from 3 different Texas vehicles, reasonable prices and no rust to deal with.

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
Schedule a vacation for the western states, S-10's are hitting the wrecking yards quite often. Check Craigs list for some states out here, should be able to score one for a hundred or less.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Garys U pull it in Binghamton Ny has 10-15 of them due to the Clunker program. all solid and rust free trucks. it's on the Scranton PA border so depending on where you live in Ohio, it's probably worth the trip.. Beds are $109 + like $6 core and $33 for the tailgate and like a $4 core... truck cabs are the same price as beds and right now theres 2 old cabs that would make great bobber truck cabs. there both kinda rough but for $109 there buildable.. didn't have enough time when I went ( yesterday ) or I would have snagged the better 1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.