Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Home School Valedictorian
1,639 Posts
How many of the luxuries can you live with out, heat, ac, radio, sound deadener, power windows, spare tire and jack, if rain is no concern...inner fenders, install fiberglass hood/fenders/tailgate/roll pan, light weight seat(s), etc.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heater removed. Ac gone as well, except for the compressor (using it as a pulley for the stock serpentine setup). The radio will stay. The spare tire and jack are gone. The power windows might go if I find some interior door panels or whole doors. Roll pan is in the works. I guess I just have to look and see what I can do without.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Pull the A/C compressor and measure for a shorter belt. Pull the compressor bracket as well.

Any creature comforts you can do without...do without 'em. The tailgate is heavy and easy enough to remove. Pull the rear bumper and install a roll pan. Spare tire and mounting method can go.

After that, it's just putting holes in sheetmetal and losing what you can afford to lose. Inner fenders, inner bedsides/floor....stuff like that.

Other ways....change factory intake and heads out for aluminum versions. Better performance due to head design, along with significant decrease in weight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.