Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a stupid question...I have all bellhousing bolts out but can't seem to get tranny and engine to let go of each other.It lifts up and motor mounts can be removed but won't let go of tranny. Any Ideas? :spank:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4.3 liter Blazer

Hey Thanks did all that done tone off small block chev over the years just this is first 4x4 that isnt fullsize it just seem like I missed someting in bellhousing area won't let engine and trans pull apart no room to see much its so tight

·
More for Less Racer
20,942 Posts
If you know that you got all 6 bellhousing bolts out and the 3 torque converter bolts, sometimes they are just tight on the two big dowel pins at the bottom corners of the block. Corrosion and time have made it tight, pry it apart.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply about bolts

Actually I found 8 in the bell housing and three in the torque converter. I guess I was just wondering if anyone else out there has done a Canadian one as they seem to have more bolts and I was wondering if there was a ninth that I had missed. Maybe you are right and I will try to oil the dowels and give it a wiggle and see if it will let go for me.
Thanks for the help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.