Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Im looking for some help on tubbing out my 64 falcon. I will be using a comp. engineering set of ladder bar frame rails along with adjustable ladder bars with a QA1 coil over kit. Shortened 9" to 38.5 flange to flange. I have everything ready to cut but wanted some advice/pics on how much to cut out. My stock tubs have got to go but how much of the trunk area/floor area has to be removed.ANY advice will be appreciated. Thank you all in advance for your help and this forum....

·
Registered
15 Posts
are you "backhalving" this car as in using a complete rear frame rail kit or are you planning to use the stock rails?
what are you planning to to with this car because if you ever stick any hp to the ground without the right stuff under it you will fold the rear floor up like an old map...mel

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am completly back halfing the car..The ladder bar frame rails as posted is what I will be installing.My stock wheel tubs are already removed but was concerned on how much of the trunk area goes and the stock rear frame rails..

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Use this worksheet from Alston's site...
http://www.cachassisworks.com/pdf/Fab9Instructions&Worksheet.pdf
It's purpose is to establish rearend width but, as you already have that, you can use it to determine the rail width. You didn't mention tires/wheels but you will need to know what they are in order to finish the worksheet.
Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts