Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I am trying to find some info on tubbing a 94 Camaro. I have searched the web and here, but can't find the info. I need info on cutting the floor/trunk out and fitting the 4-link under the back. This car will be an all drag race car. I just need some start me off help before I start. I already have a 4-link frame and rear, but will probably buy another housing. I will greatly appreciae your help.

·
489 Lemans
2,139 Posts
Tubbing.
Horsepower TV did a show on it. Project Super Nova. Showing you were to cut. How to set up your jack stands. How to set up your plumb bobs. And how to fabricate your tub templates. Maybe you can contact their website and get a copy of the episode.

The NHRA rule book will give you all the safety info.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do remember the show on the Nova. I checked their website and didn't find it. I sent an e-mail to try to order the video. It will help a lot. Wally, I checked the website you gave me and it will be some help. I will get good knowledge from both. i still have time to read up on some of these. I will be leaving Iraq in a few months and hopefully I'll have my starting point in mind. Thanks for the help.Jeff

·
Administrator
6,247 Posts
A lot of where you locate the new front cross-member (where to cut the floor, etc.) depends on the length of your 4-link bars. If they are blanks and to be cut and welded, you have some flexibility, but he rear has to be located pretty closely to where the existing rear is or you'll never get your tires in the middle of the well. Look in my album (68NovaSS, around page 7), there are quite a few pictures. There is quite a bit of measuring and setup to do before you start gutting the rear section.

Additionally, I have the spec and instructions sheets from my Alston kit and will send you a copy if you'd like, pretty much tells it all and I'd be happy to talk you through any problems you have when you do it. I also have the tub installation instructions if you'd like.

PM me or drop me an email if you're interested. I also have a .mil email account.

Good Luck, Larry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts