Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,I have what might sound like some goofy questions but I've never set up a tunnel ram so here goes. Where is a good place on the manifold to port the pcv system(no ports now)? Where is a good start as far as jets go? This one might be really dumb but I would like to run disc brakes on the front but will there be enough vac or can you run disc brakes without a vac booster? I have a 56 chevy with a sbc 11-1 comp,mild cam,mech unilite dist,headers,2- 450 holleys, auto w/shift kit,4-11 posi,the car weighs about 3100#. Thanks in advance for any help, Todd

·
ASE Certified Master Machinist
331 Posts
If you are going to add a vacuum port on the manifold, the best place is on the plenum between the carbs. The Edelbrock street tunnel ram has a hole on the side of the plenum. Check that area of your manifold and make sure it is thick enough to drill and tap.
As far as your carbs go, leave them alone. Run them as is first. I ran 2 450's on a 406 with a comp cams 280 magnum cam. They didn't need any re-jetting and the vacuum was enough to work the power brake booster with no problems.
The only recommendation I would make is to consider a vacuum advance distributor. The engine will be more responsive and your mileage will be better. Your spark plug life will be a lot longer as well.

Barry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts