Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 350 flat tops 64 cc heads has summit 1107 cam in it now. was thinking on putting a weiand tunnel ram on it. Has 2 450 Holley carbs on top I think motor has 9.0.1 compression headers 5speed and 373 gears will this setup work on a street truck s10 not looking for drag truck just car shows hot riding trying to get me a setup for next spring thanks guys

·
JS-70
1,306 Posts
I had similar setup years ago in a 34 roadster. We cut about 1 inch out of the upper plenum, this brought some driveability to it. Still even a light car the bottom end was weak. It was bad *** though and drew looks everywhere we went!

·
Registered
17,613 Posts
A 350 with flat-tops and 64cc heads will be about 10.2:1 SCR. Cam and SCR are well-matched in your combination. Use 18 degrees ignition lead at the crank and 18 in the weights, all in by 2800. Edelbrock RPM intake #7101 with 750 carb, (double pumper if stick trans or auto with 3000+ converter, vacuum secondaries if auto with tight converter) 14"x4" air filter assembly, 1 5/8" long tube headers with X or H tube before the mufflers. COMBINATION, COMBINATION, COMBINATION.

·
Google "Tunnel Ram 406"
1,141 Posts
Trash the 450 Holley. The instant you smash the gas peddle. Your car is going into a nose dive, Backfire or stall out. Not to mention pig rich at idle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.