Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Which way to the swap meet??
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a g body malibu with a turbo 350 with a small block. When I got the car tranny lines were a mess so I bought 2 60 inch sticks of 5/16 line bent them up with a bender from napa. Where the lines go into trans the bottom one always leaks. Before I rip into in again is there a easier way to run tranny cooling lines? Something easier to work with. Wont fuel line hose get soft and leak?

Thanks

·
http://www.warsprints.com
2,024 Posts
heathj1 said:
I have a g body malibu with a turbo 350 with a small block. When I got the car tranny lines were a mess so I bought 2 60 inch sticks of 5/16 line bent them up with a bender from napa. Where the lines go into trans the bottom one always leaks. Before I rip into in again is there a easier way to run tranny cooling lines? Something easier to work with. Wont fuel line hose get soft and leak?

Thanks
You need to use a flexible hose from the tranny to the frame rail where it connects to the hard line unless you are running solid motor mounts. I would run braided lines but I have used fuel line with no problems.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Whereu use rubber to tube, flare the tube a little and make sure there are no sharp edges. The flare will help keep the rubber on the tube as the hose clamp will keep it from sliding over the flare. Also use a new crush washer under the fittings on the tranny . :welcome:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.