Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Th350 trans. Truck was parked 20 years ago with supposedly no problems. I did the basics to get it running and it seems to run fine.

I changed the trans fluid and filter before anything else. 4 quarts in . No metal in the pan.
When I got it running. I put it in all the gears. Would not shift into any gear.

what I’m a turbo 350 can cause this?

·
True Hotrodder
1,955 Posts
4 quarts is only a partial fluid change but it really sounds like either the old fluid has gummed up and blocked some passages in the valvebody or the gear selection valve has disconnected from the rooster comb. That's actually a bit hard to do on a th350 but not impossible. Of course I am assuming that the shifter linkage is attached and moving the shifter arm on the trans? I would get a trans gauge and check pressures if the basic mechanical linkage issues are okay.

·
Registered
1979 Chevrolet Malibu 496-TH400-9" (cruiser). 1992 Chevrolet S10 355-700r4-7.625" (daily driver).
245 Posts
It could be a low fluid level problem. After you put it through the gears, is the fluid level on the dipstick where it needs to be? I don't mean that as an insult or anything. It just sounds to me like something to check.

You should be able to feel the gear locations as you move the shifter going from gear to gear. That doesn't rule out the gear selection valve as Chasracer mentioned though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.