Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
im not exactly sure but I did change front seal on my 700r4 during an engine swap. you have to take off the torque converter for the front seal... so its a hard job. rear seal is probably hard to replace too since you have to take off output shaft. I think 65 is front seal and 62 is rear seal but someone who knows more should verify.

·
Revolution Calling
916 Posts
ssonny34 said:
how do you change the front seal and the rear seal in a turbo 400?
Sonny, if the trans is out of the vehicle it's easy. If it's IN, then for the front seal, the trans will have to be dropped. If it's a slip yoke at the tail, you're gold. Easy.

The old seals come out easily if you collapse them towards the center from under the lip edge. A light pry.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
400 seals

I've got the trans out. So the hard work or atleast till i pust it back in is done. I just wasnt sure if you just push them in from the outside or if it had to come apart. I appreciate the help. Decided now that i had better shift kit the trans so it will last. One guy said i could do it myslf but to many others say to take it to somebody that has been inside one before. So Im trying to decide what to do. I've never done one before but I can build an engine. So if my patience over ride my ability to save money I'll probably end up doing it myself and we'll cross our fingers. C-10's are cool we have one! Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.