Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to do a few changes on my 400 and had a couple q's.Im going to install a shift kit and wanted to go to 5 of the check balls instead of 6 but was wondering if you can do these check balls with the trans in the car. I know they are behind the valve body. Do you have to have the trans out of the car?

·
http://www.warsprints.com
2,024 Posts
ssonny34 said:
Im going to do a few changes on my 400 and had a couple q's.Im going to install a shift kit and wanted to go to 5 of the check balls instead of 6 but was wondering if you can do these check balls with the trans in the car. I know they are behind the valve body. Do you have to have the trans out of the car?
You can do it with the tranny in the car, it's not as easy though but not worth the trouble pulling it either. Just be patient and you can do it.

·
Administrator
10,121 Posts
most folks use some assembly lube to hold the check balls in the proper location when working on the trans in the car

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

when you take the valve body off do the balls come falling out? Also the trans has been sitting and I'd like to install a new front and a rear or tail shaft seal. What is the best way to go about this. I did a front seal on a turbo 350 along time ago, but dont remember well. Thanks for the help with the q's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.