Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not quite sure how to word this question, so ill just try and make it understandable.

How does the A/R of a T3 turbine compare to the A/R of a T4 turbine?
As in if someone was using a single T4 turbine with a 1.15 A/R. how close would that be to using two T3 turbines with a .84 A/R?

I ask because i picked up a new toy, a 1990 RX7. Most people are using 1.15 A/R Q trim T4 turbines which to my understanding are pretty dang big! I still have the T3/T4 turbos from my Trams A, project that fell through i was wondering if it would be possible to use them instead of triny to seel them and buy one Big 'Ole T4.

·
turbo lag......yeeeeehaaaaaaw
682 Posts
From my understanding those rx7's can spool some pretty big turbos. IF you already have the T3/T4 turbos I would use them. Just make sure your get injectors big enough to feed all that boost. Those rotary motors love to rev so dont be afraid to use that advantage to run a bigger turbo when you need more power.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool, i wasnt sure if they would work or not. I actualy have the turbos for sale right now, but if they dont sell i will just "bolt them on". If they do sell i will probably buy a single big 'ole T4 turbo.

Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
7,397 Posts
T3/ T4's work good, there a T4 compressor, with a T3 exhaust housing, so a small engine could spool up more air volume pretty quick. but I wouldn't use any cheap chineese Ebay turbo, specially XS power ( sold by SS Autochrome ).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts