Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '71 nova that we are rebuilding.installed a 350 v8 with turbo350 tranny. installed flowtech afterburner headers. Now it seems that we can't get to the bell crank connection (this is what I am told it is called but I am not familiar with it) on the tranny because of the headers.
Does anyone know how I can hook up the bell crank connection without going to a floor shifter?
please be gentle...I am not a mechanic.
Thanks

·
Shop Owner And Troll Hunter
2,643 Posts
You need headers for an automatic.

Troy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
transmission bell crank connection

Troy,
I contacted Summit Racing in ref to to your response for headers for an automatic transmission. The Flow Tech headers are made for automatics.
Do I have to get a linkage special made..?

·
Registered
977 Posts
I'm afraid that going to an aftermarket floor shifter is going to be the easiest and in the end cheapest fix for this one. I fought this on a 72 Buick Apollo with a 350 chevy, basically the same set up.

·
Shop Owner And Troll Hunter
2,643 Posts
What did summit tell you when you said they would not work with your bell crank?

Is every thing stock? Has anything been changed ot adapted?

The bell crank goes from the frame over to the transmission, is this what you are talking about?

Can you post a picture of you set up?

Troy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.