Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a hotrod, but another project of mine will be putting a 2001-2003 Ford Ranger 2WD XLT front end on my '98 Ford Ranger, it's only diffrent from the headder panel forward so it's a fairly common swap .. the problem is the '98 uses 2 turn bulbs and 1 parking light bulb. where the '01-'03 use 1 park and 1 turn bulb.. so the park only light has to be bypassed or hidden ( I'd rather bypass it ). to keep the load the same, so the flashers are happy. what kind of resistor do I need?

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
302 Z28 said:
Are you sure it will cause a problem, have you tried it? If it did the just use the flasher for the 01-03 model.

Vince
others have tried it, and it sends the blinkers into overdrive.. so some just hide the bulb, but others modify the wiring with some sort of resistor, but it's not clear on what kind of reistor...... never thought about the flasher tho the plugs are likely the same so it wouldn't be an issue.. thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.