Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A dude up the street has a 041 head and a double hump head head said that they are the same heads but they were made in different years. He said the double hump heads came out first then they started calling them 041 heads. Are they the same heads? Is he trying to sell me a set of mix matched heads. The cylinder heads have the 202 valves and guide plates.

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
While I dont have a specific answer to your question at this time, I'd be hesitant to buy anything as important as cylinder heads if it wasn't a matched set.

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,783 Posts
heads

Both heads have 64 cc combustion chambers and depending on what number the double hump heads are they should be the same intake runner size. I would not let the fact that they do not ahve matching numbers stop me if they are otherwise good heads. I have run different casting before with no drama......

The 041 should have accessory holes on the ends so if your looking for that to match it might not ,,,once again depending on what year the double humps are.....

Keith

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
they made camel hump heads before and after the 041 and they are simalar heads.they have the same combustion chamber shape as the 461,462,492,186,291 and so on.the chamber size should be 64 cc originally but the thing is that since they came from two different sets of heads you don't know if one has been cut down more than the other for better c.r..you'd have to cc both of them.if that turns out to be the same and when you put spark plugs in them and they are in the same place then you may be able to use them.it is done.its just unusual.the 041's are 300 h.p. heads and most of them came with small valves.they were made from 69'-70'.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.