Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello every one i am working on a 1950 gmc flatbed 3/4 ton. it has a 350/350.the rear end is a narrowed 14 bolt 3.73 one ton dually. need help with finding the right two piece driveshaft. any one know of a good year to look for (chevy/gmc).i know a good drive line shop to cut or weld to make one work (they can make a new one up for me BIGbucks). i donot have a junkyard i can walk around in. Around hear they will not let you in thair yards and if you dont have a year and make they dont seam to want to work with you. a-- h--- i need a two piece shaft about 72 " long total moving the midle brace is not a big problem for me.i have thought about a one piece but i like the look of the two piece shaft. please help if you can thanks steve

·
Car? Truck? Who Cares
2,485 Posts
73-79 Chev-GMC 3/4----With a MANUAL 4-spd.
some 1/2 tons with a 4-spd
Some of the earlier (73-75) used a 2-piece with an auto

Bryan>>>>>>his 79 4-spd 1/2ton is using a 3/4 ton 2-piece shaft.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked at a driveshaft out of a 1961 chevy car looked to small (O.D.) the 350 i have is may be 325hp at least on paper.i donot know witch O.D. driveshaft i can get buy with i am thinking at least 3 1/2" O.D. the truck is going to be a hotrod/work truck i will be useing the flat bed. desertghosts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.