Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that in holleys float adjustment guidelines they have 2 different dry settings depending on what material the floats are made of.They have one adjustment for brass and nitrophyl floats and another for duracon(plastic) floats.Anyone know what the difference is between nitrophyl and duracon and how to tell which one you have? My carb is a 390 cfm 4160 4barrel. :confused:

·
Registered
534 Posts
yragat said:
I see that in holleys float adjustment guidelines they have 2 different dry settings depending on what material the floats are made of.They have one adjustment for brass and nitrophyl floats and another for duracon(plastic) floats.Anyone know what the difference is between nitrophyl and duracon and how to tell which one you have? My carb is a 390 cfm 4160 4barrel. :confused:
Why should it matter what type you got? Just adjust the level till it just seeps out of the plug hole on the side of the bowls.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm doing the dry setting with the bowels off.My engine is a L20B nissan and the carb is right over the exaust header,I din't want to blow myself up.I guess thats why holley has 2 different ways to adjust them.

·
Registered
534 Posts
yragat said:
I'm doing the dry setting with the bowels off.My engine is a L20B nissan and the carb is right over the exaust header,I din't want to blow myself up.I guess thats why holley has 2 different ways to adjust them.
I just put a 3/8 drill bit between the float and top of bowl, then fine tune it when its on the vehicle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.