Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations for an undercoating material to be used on the inside of fenderwells? Eastwood makes some spray-on and brush-on materials for this purpose.

Or, would truck bedliner be a better choice?

Anyone have experience with these or any other coatings?

I'm looking mostly for durability, but would like to get some sound insulation also. I'm undercoating with POR-15 to prevent rust.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
I used a spray on undercoating ten years ago on my 57 chevy truck. It is still in perfect condition and looks good. I would recommend getting a gallon of it and syphon spray gun to apply it. It leaves a nice finish, and you can thin the material to adjust the texture.

Chris

·
Pontiac Knowledge Base Editor
167 Posts
I took my pontiac to a place called Zebart back in 1988 and low and behold still no rust on it 90,000 miles later! And I live in snow and salt country.

Worth every penny I spent.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just had my fenders and running boards sprayed with a bed linner material from "Speedliner". The nice thing is that I gave then only the pigment (wihout the hardner or any additives) of my color that the truck will be painted, and they mixed the pigment into their material and matched perfectly. I'm pleased with th processes. Speedliner also has may custom colors, and they can be found on the internet - but, be carefull, they try to sell you their franchise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.