Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Lost in the 60's
15,259 Posts
I never heard of them.....I just checked the Company Reviews here on the site and evidently no one else has heard of them either as they are not listed.

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
Well they have a website,

http://www.uniqueperformance.com/default.aspx

with pictures of rich looking guys standing in front of private jets,

(is that really old guy old Carroll hisself?)

lots more pics where that came from
They are, of course, in Texas, (sorry shine, vince)..

On a quick look at the site I see alot of name dropping, references to television "star" builders, auctioneers and celebrities. To be fair they mention some big name performance and custom car icons also. :rolleyes:

I saw a really gaudy, stretched out cartoon of what television bikers are calling a "chopper" :confused:

I saw a section that had some occ stuff in it. (discovery channel posers)

I understood that the shelby gt500E program was no longer in operation, but I could be wrong. (A friend of mine was sourcing some worthwhile cars for that program, I'll ask him)

It looks to me like the company is a high profile corporation that specializes in catering to the whims of rich people.

Why do I feel that somewhere is a picture of the owner in a expensive british sportscar and a page with "5 time Bullrun winner" on it.

I stopped looking at the site. I did not want to see anymore as I have reached my quota of metrosexual thong wearing wannabe badboys.

Why would you ask, chopper123 who just joined today and a 1 time poster?

Anyone else?

Mikey

·
Lost in the 60's
15,259 Posts
Aw....no Caviar or Grey Poupon in site.....what a drag. :(

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
These guys have been around for awhile and have been featured on many cable TV shows like Rides. Douglas Hasty seems to be in charge of the actual production of the cars. They are and have been doing what Barry Grant has been doing in his TV series. by taking old mustangs and rebuilding them into super cars with Shelby's blessing. He even signs them and includes them in his Shelby registry. They are also building a new Mustang from a Foose design. As well they are now building Camaro and Challenger super cars. They also are building an aluminum 426 Hemi.

After all the conversation on this board about hot rod related TV series I wonder if TLC/Discovery channels are checking the waters about a new series using them?

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
Ok, I talked to my friend who has had some dealings with them.

He says they are real and that they are still doing the gt500E cars as well as getting into a bunch of other muscle cars, like homebrew says.

Apparently they do really nice work.

I still think that they are a high profile corp that caters to rich folks though.

Later, mikey

·
Lost in the 60's
15,259 Posts
Hey Mikey.......Theres an old saying that goes something like this....... Somedays , you get to eat the bear.....Other days, the bear eats you. :D

·
Lost in the 60's
15,259 Posts
PRO 48 fleetline said:
great company look for there line of Foose built mustangs and camaros soon amazing stuff
Enough said right there..........I still remember the Foose built wheels :mad:

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
Henry Highrise said:
Hey Mikey.......Theres an old saying that goes something like this....... Somedays , you get to eat the bear.....Other days, the bear eats you. :D
Out here on the left coast I hear folks say some days you're the windshield , some days you're the bug. :pain:

(Dire straits, I know)

Mikey

1 - 11 of 11 Posts