Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening folks, just a quick question, would a universal fuel pump work on the TBI of a 1989 4.3 engine, lets say the pump put out at least 10#'s pressure. I am building a Rat Rod and I am going to build the tank, use or try to use a universal pump and route the return back into the top of the tank., at this point and time the tank is standing on saw horses in the woods. I will build a 15 gal tank for my rat. If I knew how to load pictures, I would put some on here, and lets you fellas make fun of me, and thats cool. I have built my own dash, and getting ready to weld it up and blend the welds. I cut the cab mounts and using a come-a-long, I pulled the cab back 24", looks cool, the cab now has the raked look. Someone give me instruction on how to load and I will shoot some pictures, I am sure this will catch on for the younger folks that want to Rat Rod. Big Sam standing by. :cool:

·
My pipes are my music
2,936 Posts
I don't know about your engine but my 305 I had in my 88 f/bird Required 9-12 lbs of fuel pressure. Check into that spec. and see if your going to fall short. TBI is picky about fuel pressure. If you need more that 10 lbs, I don't see why a universal pump that supplies enough wouldn't work. A good idea would be a Vacuum controled fuel pressure regulator between the pump and TBI unit. :thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.