Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

I am a new member and I have an intake manifold that I cannot identify. It is on a chevy 327 engine that I was given. The engine has been "rebuilt" some time in it's life because the block is a 1968 model & the heads are 1972-1974, based on the casting numbers. I have checked numerous sites, including this one, for the casting numbers on the intake (which is GM) and cannot find it. It is 14007380 and is for a 4-barrel carb.

If anyone has any info, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Member# 3287
2,625 Posts
The closest I could get was casting# 14007374, which was listed to a '79-'82 305.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks MI2600,

In my search, I found the same number you had as the closest one listed. Is it possible that this manifold is from some other GM car or truck other than chevy?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for getting back guys. This is great, even though I still don't know what it is.

Poncho62 - it is cast iron and I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean by "spread or square bore carb". You'll have to help me out there a bit.

bracketeer - I found that number also but I think it is for fuel injection.

Thanks again.

Scott

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the enlightenment poncho62. It is a spread bore, with the rear holes being about twice the size of the front holes.

Got any ideas yet what I might have?

Thanks,
Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts