Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a set of freshly rebuilt 049 heads for my car that were removed from a friends 454 powered dragster.

He threw in the solid lifter cam that was in the engine but I can not find any info on the grind. It was in the dragster when he bought it and he does not know anything about it.

All that is stamped on the end of the cam I have come up with nothing that matches.

CC-314 2
NC-CR
13-13-01

Any help would be appreciated.

·
http://www.warsprints.com
2,024 Posts
68 TT said:
I picked up a set of freshly rebuilt 049 heads for my car that were removed from a friends 454 powered dragster.

He threw in the solid lifter cam that was in the engine but I can not find any info on the grind. It was in the dragster when he bought it and he does not know anything about it.

All that is stamped on the end of the cam I have come up with nothing that matches.

CC-314 2
NC-CR
13-13-01

Any help would be appreciated.
I would think that the CC-314 is a Comp Cam with 314 duration. I would'nt even consider re-installing a used cam so I'd wrap it up and give it to someone else as a Christmas present :D and buy a new one of known specs for yourself. JMO

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My engine is nearly identical to the engine the cam came out of. Same cubes and it has the actual heads, intake, carb & valve train that came off my friends engine.

It ran very well and made great power but he wanted to go faster so he stepped up and built a 496 with CNC heads and a huge solid roller so the whole top end was surplus to him.

My gears and stall converter are the same too so it only comes down to the vehicle weight difference between the dragster and my Camaro which is substantial but the engine is the same.

I just wanted to know what I was dealing with so in the future when I want a change I know where I am starting from.

I am assuming it is 314 degrees duration by the numbers on the cam and pretty healthy lift by the way the engine sounded. It was much nastier than the Crane 302H that was in my car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I could put the magnetic dial indicator on the head and measure lift at the valve.

This with the ASSumed 314 duration would at least give me a rough ball park idea of the cam specs.

The CC 314 2 I believe is the Crane Cams grind type and the 13-13-01 is the actual grind number. Haven't been able to find it but the Crane numbering system is as close to any of the numbers on the cam that I could find.

·
http://www.warsprints.com
2,024 Posts
68 TT said:
I guess I could put the magnetic dial indicator on the head and measure lift at the valve.

This with the ASSumed 314 duration would at least give me a rough ball park idea of the cam specs.

The CC 314 2 I believe is the Crane Cams grind type and the 13-13-01 is the actual grind number. Haven't been able to find it but the Crane numbering system is as close to any of the numbers on the cam that I could find.
Agree that it could also be a Crane cam. So I take it the cam is still in the motor?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The cam is in the motor now but I took a picture of the tail end stampings for reference.

I just freshened up the bottom end of my motor this weekend and installed the rebuilt heads, cam & intake off of my friends dragster and got the engine back in the Camaro.

I ran out of time otherwise I would have had it completed and running again.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SSedan64 said:
Contact Comp.>> http://www.compcams.com/contact/default.asp

My catalog is old, closest I found was 314-1
High RPM Solids
314-1 = 314*Dur. @.020", 276*Dur. @.050", Lobe Lift-.371", 1.70 Ratio Lift-.631"
That is a great start. I all ready emailed Comp's tech department. Haven't heard back from them yet.

I might be able to get something out of Crane now that they are starting to get back on their feet and have some of their old staff on board.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for clearing the part number change issue up for me.

I just got a reply back from Crane's tech department. He gave me all the cam data and it was just what you stated.

Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.